Incidents arising from the Open Repositories Anti-Harassment Policy are handled according to the following protocol.
Protocol for Conflict Resolution
- If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a conference organizer or the Open Repositories Steering Committee (ORSC) immediately. The person who has been made aware of the incident will bring it immediately to the ORSC.
- Members of the ORSC will convene expediently to discuss, act upon, and document the incident; they will notify the participant who raised the concern that it has been taken up by the ORSC.
- Find a conference organizer or a representative of the ORSC and they will assist you. Open Repositories conference organizers should be able to be identified by their name badges, and will help participants contact hotel/venue security or local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the conference.
- If you have been harassed via social media, you may send forward snippets or URLs to the ORSC; their names are available on the OR wiki.
- The ORSC or its designee assumes the responsibility of responding appropriately to reports of harassment. The ORSC will address the harassing party should the person who was harassed consent to this course of action, and will notify the person who reported the incident so they know action has been taken.
- The ORSC will also make public a written summary of the incident on the OR wiki for transparency though we will deal with the matter as confidentially as possible; involved parties’ identities and the circumstances regarding any concern or complaint will not be disclosed in detail unless disclosure is necessary for the purposes of investigating or taking disciplinary action.
- Should an individual aiming to help a victim of harassment encounter problems following the anti-harassment policy and protocol, that individual should engage the community about these issues. Then, the community should revise the policy or protocol appropriately to ensure a safe and welcoming community in which harassment is not tolerated.
The protocol is based on the Code4Lib Code of Conduct.
This document is licensed under Creative Commons BY-SA.